What's with the name?

What's with the name? In my mid-twenties, I had essentially gone through one kind of life and am starting to enter another. The people that are probably going to read this blog know exactly what I'm talking about - but for those who don't know, here's a brief rundown . Cheers to Chapter 2! A journey in health in many ways, and to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. I am also a blogger for GreenMommas.com. This is my blog.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

What am I Listening To?

It's time for a post about music, I think. I'm not going to comment about albums or try to get in depth with song meanings. I just wanted to post a few things I am really digging at this moment. What I listen to in the car or at work, so I can look back on it in a few years and probably have a good laugh. My music tastes are pretty eclectic. I listen to a lot of different genres and sub-genres. I've been more in to electronic stuff lately, mostly because it gets me through the work day without falling asleep.

Week two, no caffeine. I've shot a few envious looks when my co-workers walk by with their third or fourth cup of the day. It really makes me think about how people try to quit stuff thats really addicting, like smoking. It's not even that I was addicted to coffee, it was just part of my routine. I liked the taste of that agave vanilla latte or mid-afternoon diet soda. I find myself thinking often "gee, wouldn't a coffee be nice right now?" But I'm fighting the urge. I think ultimately I will probably allow myself a coffee like once a week as a special treat. I just needed to get off the 'every morning latte' reality.

Anyway, some music.

Afrojack is a little new to me. I hear a few tracks here and there. I love 'Replica', probably because there is some Daft Punk, MGMT and Kid Cudi in there. I could do without the Katy Perry. Perhaps my favorite part of this mix is the french [unknown to me] lady singer backed by MGMT's 'Kids'. Have a listen, it's fun:

Afrojack - Replica (DG Edit) by danielgoldstein10

I just bought Skrillex's new release, Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites. While I'm still undecided if I really love listening to the album in it's entirety [it's a lot of hard bass and dubstep], I like each track as an individual. While the title track is probably my favorite, 'Rock n' Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain)' is a close second, and pretty fun.

Skrillex - Rock N Roll Will Take You To The Mountain by djkkkdre

On the other hand, deadmau5 I can listen to all day, everyday. He has brought really great techno to the masses. His shows are nothing short of amazing., I would've just paid for the light show - youtube it. His latest release, 4X4=12 is nothing short of what I would have expected from the mind of Joel Zimmerman. I recommend the continuous mix of the album, but if I had to break it in to tracks I like 'Raise Your Weapon' or as I call it "the softer side of deadmau5".

09-deadmau5 - raise your weapon (feat. greta svabo bech) by Dj Fuma

Breaking away from the electronic [it's not all I listen to], here are a few of my new favorites. Aloe Blacc's 'I Need a Dollar' I actually heard for the first time as a Big Gigantic remix. He has a wonderful voice and a modesty about him. I saw him perform this song on Jimmy Fallon Live with the Roots backing his soft, sincere vocals.

Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar by smithblogsatlanta

And speaking of soulful, here's a new track from Adele. I don't need to say anything about it, the song says it all. If I was this creative and passionate in the aftermath of a break-up, I'd do it more often [OK no I wouldn't].

Adele - Rolling In The Deep by GlobalGrind

No comments:

Post a Comment