What's with the name?

What's with the name? In my mid-twenties, I had essentially gone through one kind of life and am starting to enter another. The people that are probably going to read this blog know exactly what I'm talking about - but for those who don't know, here's a brief rundown . Cheers to Chapter 2! A journey in health in many ways, and to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. I am also a blogger for GreenMommas.com. This is my blog.

Friday, January 7, 2011

A Clashing of Priorities

This has been an interesting few days. I announced to my roommate, who is also my sister, that I would be moving out. This unfortunately means that she too would have to move out. In a flash my exiting announcement about moving on to the next chapter of my life was turned in to a petty battle about what we don't like about each other. About 50 texts later we haven't talked in two days, mostly because she accuses me of being different when I have a man in my life, and I have little respect for the people she keeps around in her life that tend to  stick around because of the more material benefits they get out of the relationship. It's been rough, but I think that we have completely different priorities in life that keep us from agreeing on how our life should or shouldn't be.


Having a child forever changes you. Suddenly you are no longer the most important person in your life and the life you have created takes that place. My priority in the past year and a half that we've been roommates has been to get financially back on my feet enough so that I could have a place that was more stable for my son. That was the intention all along. Unfortunately, I am living with a 23 year old girl that has lots of girlfriends that like to go out and have fun. One of them pretty much stays there 7 days a week. This is not really any sort of stable living situation or an environment I intended to raise my child in. I think everyone dreams about a home with a white picket fence with a nice yard where the kids can play and you can have BBQs on the porch. A communal living situation was not my dream, just more of the only option. Not to say I didn't like living with my sister. I love my sister, even though there is strife between us now I still will always love and appreciate her. Our living styles and priorities are completely different, I respect that, so now is a good time to part ways and be on our own. It makes me sad that she interprets it as not caring about her. It is because I care about our relationship that I am doing this now. So we can each create our different scenarios that we call our lives. My priorities are no longer going out and having a good time with the girls, they are to find my future. Not to say I don't go out and have a great time sometimes, I do. It's just not what completely defines my life. Fighting is silly. You never know how much time you may have here, and I'm hoping love and peace will eventually take hold on this crazy situation.


But the next part of my living situation I am exited about, even though it's caused this rift. A solid unit of myself, my son and Noah. Cooking dinner together, having fun, having control over who comes and goes in the place. It is a good time in my life, one I've been waiting a long time for. I am really confident in this next step.


I am also confident that you will like the track. My favorite track from Daft Punk's "Tron : Legacy" soundtrack. The whole soundtrack is wonderful, it's unfortunate that this track is a little short.


Daft Punk-Derezzed by klauschen

No comments:

Post a Comment