What's with the name?

What's with the name? In my mid-twenties, I had essentially gone through one kind of life and am starting to enter another. The people that are probably going to read this blog know exactly what I'm talking about - but for those who don't know, here's a brief rundown . Cheers to Chapter 2! A journey in health in many ways, and to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. I am also a blogger for GreenMommas.com. This is my blog.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week 26 Recap : Overcoming a funk

I've been in a bit of a funk this week. I've been this way before. I over-criticize myself and even though I know I've come a long way and have worked hard, sometimes I can't get over my own self image. Tuesday I tried on four different outfit combinations and couldn't figure out anything [in my mind] that I actually looked good in. This week I had a really hard time getting past the 'fat' that was still left and seeing the actual progress I've made. At multiple times I looked at my profile image and thought that I still looked really big, which I know I don't, but my mind tells me I do. This had a pretty good effect on my workouts this week - as a motivator to try harder - but I KNOW it's not good to think of myself in such a negative way.

I decided it was time for some 'me' time - and not the crazy workout kind. The fact is, at this point I am swimming in a lot of my clothes and still wearing the same clothes as I was 41 pounds ago is not helping my self image. I think this is what is making me see the same person I was almost six months ago. The clothes I am wearing are big and old - most of them over three years. I figure I had done so much work on the physical me, and spiritual me, why not go superficial with it? After all, with all this work I've done so far I deserve a treat, no? Now, here is another reminder that I should get at, and stay at a healthy weight. It is expensive to lose a lot of weight [also to gain a lot of weight]. Now I need to buy clothes, but not too many because I am hoping I'll be swimming in the new clothes I purchase a few months down the road. Buying a new wardrobe every few months is not in my budget by any means. So I decided to spend $5 in clothes for every pound I lose. As soon as the weather gets a little cooler, I'll invest in my outer image a little bit more.

Workout this week :

Monday : Spin & Sculpt [450 cal]/20 min treadmill run [177 cal] = 627 calories

Tuesday : Bodypump = 400 calories

Wednesday : Spin & Sculpt [430 calories]/Bootcamp [575 cal] = 1005 calories

Thursday : Walk 2.6 miles = 320 calories

Sunday : Mt Philo Hike = 488 calories

I did a little less activity than I would've liked to this week. Friday was a bit of a bust - I should've run before work in the morning and I ended up missing the Cyctone class because of a haircut appointment. Although, the haircut was surely needed, and helped with a slight boost in my self confidence.

I lost a pound last week, I am still averaging 1.5lbs/week which is really good. Actually, I'm quite surprised it's kept us this long but I think it's because I keep a large variety of different workouts in my weekly routine so my body doesn't get used to one thing. This week is going to be a bit of a challenge trying to fit my workouts in. I'll be running around trying to get my little one ready for kindergarten! I keep finding reasons to keep going strong - this week an invite to my 10 year high school reunion came around. It's not until next summer, which means not only could I be at my goal weight, I could be in the best shape of my life, better than I was in high school!




No comments:

Post a Comment