What's with the name?

What's with the name? In my mid-twenties, I had essentially gone through one kind of life and am starting to enter another. The people that are probably going to read this blog know exactly what I'm talking about - but for those who don't know, here's a brief rundown . Cheers to Chapter 2! A journey in health in many ways, and to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. I am also a blogger for GreenMommas.com. This is my blog.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Week 23 Recap - New Look!

As you may have noticed, the blog has a new look, and a fancy weight loss ticker [thanks again, MyFitnessPal!]. A little more simple, less disco multi-color. I tried to make it look nature-y but I could't stand the cheese of leaves/bamboo/mountains as the blog backdrop. So I chose a backdrop the reflects my current state of mind (not just today, recently) - sparkles! lights! sweat drops! I really don't know what they are but as I continue to lose weight and become healthier I feel like I've taken on some sort of sparkle. It is probably because of my increasing confidence and feeling better about the way I look in the mirror.

I'm sitting here eating a slice of chicken alfredo pizza and wow, can't tell you how delicious pizza tastes! It's been awhile since a baked piece of triangular, bread goodness covered in cheese has graced my mouth. Wait, what! I'm eating pizza??? Why yes, I am. Oh, you thought people only lose weight by eating salad? Mark my words, this slice o' heaven is probably more nutritious. The crust is wheat and gluten-free, whole milk cheese, creamy tomato sauce, grilled chicken, lots of spinach and fresh chunks of tomatoes. AND I have a side of kale on my plate as well. Ya, it's pizza, but pretty good for you, no? I'm having one slice as well. I remember not too long ago where I could get down three or four slices of that pizza-in-a-box and not think twice about it. It's all about moderation, and a sum of small, good choices that will help you get to where you want to go. In this case, I choose to have pizza in it's finest form. Fresh ingredients, no gluten and a good amount of protein and veggies on it. Oh, and it's GOOD.

While we're here let's talk about take-out. Chinese food or take-out pizza used to be a weekly staple for me - I'd indulge once a week in either of the two. But then I listened. Pizza talks. I listened to what my body was telling me. For example, have you ever eaten fried rice, general tsos chicken, egg rolls and crab rangoon and then thought; wow, I feel great right now - I have much more energy? My guess is no. While it may be tasty, if you listen to what you're body is telling you, you will probably figure out quickly what kinds of foods are good for you - what kind of food your body needs. Do I miss the taste of take-out? Yes. Do I miss the way I feel after I eat it? No. So anytime I feel like it, I think about this: the taste is momentary but the post-indulgence feeling last a while, perhaps a day for me. In all consideration, it's just not worth it.

This was my first full week with the heart rate monitor and I'm definitely loving it.

Workout this week:
Sunday : 3 mile hike at Indian Brook Res. = 350 calories burned

Monday : Energy Spin [440 cal]/20 min treadmill run and hike [255 cal] = 695 calories burned


Tuesday : Bodypump = 440 calories burned


Wednesday : Ab Challenge workout/Spin & Sculpt = 490 calories burned !RECORD!


Thursday : 3 mile walk = 320 calories burned


Friday : Zumba = 325 calories burned


Saturday : Trail hike = 290 calories burned

Wow, that is 8 workouts. I'm impressed with myself. I only did the Ab Challenge workout twice this week, but August started Wednesday, so I think that's excusable. I was pretty sore the next day even though I didn't complete the entire thing either time, it's tough!

Also : -2lbs last week, BAM! Which means, down 38lbs and just a week, maybe 2 away from the big 4-0! I'll have to have someone take a real comparison pic when I hit that mark - taking pics of yourself with a cell phone in front of a full-length mirror doesn't work all that well!

Resting today, I am pretty beat from this week, hoping for another great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment