What's with the name?

What's with the name? In my mid-twenties, I had essentially gone through one kind of life and am starting to enter another. The people that are probably going to read this blog know exactly what I'm talking about - but for those who don't know, here's a brief rundown . Cheers to Chapter 2! A journey in health in many ways, and to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. I am also a blogger for GreenMommas.com. This is my blog.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowpocalypse! and (Protesting?) Like and Egyptian

Winter is here. People are freaking out across the country. OMG, this is the 9th snow storm in 7 weeks?!? Apocalypse! Snowpocalypse!?! Luckily, I am seasoned Vermonter. This weather is incredibly too familiar to me. Yes, I get it - a hundred or two miles south of the Green Mountain State they just aren't prepared for this amount of snow, mentally and financially. But we have small plows just for the sidewalks, we've got it down! I suppose if a category 5 hurricane came sweeping through VT I would probably be debating the real effects of global warming too. I guess I don't see snow as that destructive, at least you can move it around and it certainly doesn't cause the damage that flooding and tornadoes do. Over time, I have come to appreciate the snow. Not the way I did as a pink snow-suited toddler, but as an adult. There is a beauty in freshly fallen snow; lining the roads, sprinkled on the trees, glistening in the path of my headlights. It does still hold that magical sense for me, I hope people in Chicago and NYC can appreciate it that way. Hey, we're not all in grave danger because of a few feet of snow.

On the subject of current events, there is protesting in Egypt. They want new leadership, it's all over the news. I really have no opinion or political commentary on the situation, but it did make me think a little bit about the fact that I have never protested, well, anything. In my life, I don't think there has been a need or an issue I felt passionate about to go protest about. Maybe I have taken for granted that this generation doesn't have the need or drive to protest. It's just not the way we seem to get things done anymore. Obviously I know that there are protests going on over certain issues like abortion, gay rights, Yankees vs. Red Sox (kidding about that one). But they are unmatched to the protests for change on civil rights of previous generations. Do we just not care enough anymore? Or do we really have the major issues right and there is not a lot left that hundreds of thousands of people want to protest about together. I have no idea. Love and peace, man. And music. Gooooood music...two new free tracks for you (plus I will be seeing both Big Gigantic and Bassnectar in the next 2 months)

No comments:

Post a Comment