What's with the name?

What's with the name? In my mid-twenties, I had essentially gone through one kind of life and am starting to enter another. The people that are probably going to read this blog know exactly what I'm talking about - but for those who don't know, here's a brief rundown . Cheers to Chapter 2! A journey in health in many ways, and to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. I am also a blogger for GreenMommas.com. This is my blog.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 in Numbers


It's the end of 2012. A year in which I finally met some resolutions I had been trying to in so many other years. My first goal was to lose 60lbs - I did just that, ending the year -63 lbs lighter than I was in March. A goal I set in October was to run a 5k, I checked that off my goal list within the first few days of December. I was inspired to try to put my year in to a list of numbers, like my company did at a recent meeting. This year flew by, so I think it would be neat to list it out this way, so I can see what I did really accomplish this year. 2012 was 'my year' in many ways, both in my personal and professional life.

182 Fitness Classes

137.8 miles tracked on RunKeeper (mostly runs and one bike ride)

63 pounds lost

52 gallons Raw Milk

28 varieties of Veggies/Fruits organically grown

25 Blog Posts

16 Chemical products replaced (household & beauty) with 100% natural ones

5 pant sizes down

2 mountains climbed

1 5k Race

When writing it down like this, it looks like a huge accomplishment - which it was. Honestly, I feel like a different person than I did at the beginning of this year, but more importantly I feel highly-equipped to live a long and chronic-disease free life. This list was compiled by making small changes and decisions, one at a time, with the common goal of being a healthier person and having a healthier family.

I think I'm ready to set some goals for 2013 as I've really found out what I am capable of this year. I want to run at least 5 more races next year. Sounds like a lot, huh? Well, I've already signed myself up for the Maple Streek 5k running series, which is 4 races over 4 weeks in May. Then maybe we'll throw in that Santa 5k at the the end of 2013 as well. For time - May I'm setting a goal of under 30 min. I would really like to get my time down to 26/27 minutes by the end of the year. I'm sure I can do it.

I've also got another 50lbs to lose! I'm more than halfway to my goal in 10 months so this should be a breeze, maybe I'll hit it by the time summer starts. I really want to be in the best shape of my life by the time I hit the big 3-0, but that's still a year and a half away, so completely possible.

Are you ready for a photo montage?

Here's some 'BEFORE' pics from XMas 2011, and then March 2012:



And this one I can't get over : June 2012 vs. December 2012 (so proud of him too!):


And here is the 2012 Before/After shot:


Bring on 2013, I'm ready!

Cheers to a fantastic New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment