What's with the name?

What's with the name? In my mid-twenties, I had essentially gone through one kind of life and am starting to enter another. The people that are probably going to read this blog know exactly what I'm talking about - but for those who don't know, here's a brief rundown . Cheers to Chapter 2! A journey in health in many ways, and to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. I am also a blogger for GreenMommas.com. This is my blog.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 28 Recap : No reason to turn back

I'm sitting here wearing the smallest-sized jeans I've worn in  5 years [maybe more] and I feel good. Really good. This weekend I went through my entire wardrobe and made a giant pile of [giant] clothes to donate. The criterion for eviction from my closet were a) anything that had an "X" in the size or was larger than a 14 and b) if you have holes, you must go. This effectively eliminated 80% of my wearable, day-to-day wardrobe [I still have an ample exercise/pajama wardrobe!!!]. It was a little sad to see dresses I've worn maybe once or twice leave their hangers, but empowering holding them up to my smaller figure and finding it hard to believe that they fit me snugly 6 months ago. Now I could probably make two dresses out of them. My newly-bare closet boasts a small handful of tops, three sundresses that still sort of fit me and one pair of jeans. The sundresses are going to be unwearable shortly (and today with a starting temp of 51 degrees) so you know what that means - SHOPPING! It's time to indulge a little. Mostly because I have to unless I want to do laundry every night during the cold months. Even though I love clothes, shopping is a little scary to me. Even when I was bigger, I always took pride in looking 'pulled together'. With my new shape, I have no idea what is going to look good on me.. I really don't even know where to start to shop in the realm of normal-sized clothing. I have been a plus-sized girl for a long time, but am not any longer. I'm confident given a few hours in a mall, I can find a few pieces to get me through until I have to buy even smaller clothes.

I also pulled out my 200 dollar LL Bean down jacket, which I love(d). Sigh. It too is huge. Naturally I moved on to my only other winter jacket - my one-size smaller peacoat which I bought maybe four years ago. It was so form-fitting and flattering, four years ago. It fit me like a large, draped rectangle. Ya, time for a new winter jacket as well. This is getting expensive.

Now, with my former wardrobe in a bag, there is no reason to go back to my old ways (or my old size). Good bye, old friends. Your bounty of fabric and strategically-structured design helped me hide my body for a long, long time - but no longer do you have a place in my life.




Workout this week :

Tuesday : Bodypump = 470 calories

Wednesday : Spin & Sculpt = 490 calories

Thursday : 2.6 mile walk = 320 calories

Friday : 10.25 mile bike ride = 550 calories

I wish I would've done more this week for workout. Monday was Labor Day so no spin class. I have been getting up at 5:30 to get ready and get Landon on the bus for 7:30, picking him up off the bus at 4 every day and we're both exhausted by that time. Last week was not normal for me; I had Landon the whole week because his dad injured his ankle. No bootcamp, no two workout days. It made me sad in one way, but happy I got to spend some time with my son. This week will be different. I'll chalk last week up to trying to get in to a new routine with the school year here.

I lost a pound this week, still progress so I can't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment