What's with the name?

What's with the name? In my mid-twenties, I had essentially gone through one kind of life and am starting to enter another. The people that are probably going to read this blog know exactly what I'm talking about - but for those who don't know, here's a brief rundown . Cheers to Chapter 2! A journey in health in many ways, and to be the best version of myself I can possibly be. I am also a blogger for GreenMommas.com. This is my blog.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Getting Shpongled

So what is a Shpongle? Or a Shpongletron for that matter. I was bound to find out. Noah and I went to "The Shpongletron Experience" kind of on a whim. His friend was going, and I Googled "Shpongle" and knew by the YouTube videos that I would not even be slightly let down by this show. Shpongle live will also be at Camp Bisco this year, so I figured I should check it out. The Shpongletron appeared to be a pagoda style DJ booth (well DJ tower) that has multiple projection screens. There was an eye shaped screen at the very top, and a 3D cast of the Shpongle head front and center on the tower. As the DJ/Producer made his way up to his perch in the Shpongletron, with his surely Peter Pan inspired feather chapeau, we got closer for a better look. The two hours that followed were no less than amazing, I was awe-struck. The graphics on the projection screens were really fantastic. The projection on to the 3D Shpongle head made it appear to move it's multiple sets of eyes, and twist and turn it's head around. The music was great. A world beat/house music combo with some obvious bits of Latin flare. Lots of drums and flutes. You can see the Shpongletron video I took below :


It was an all around fun time, and it was and experience. AND I am about 99% sure I saw my high school science teacher.

With all this rain and flooding, I've been seeking out some new fun music to listen to to keep my spirits up. Here are a few tracks that have been rotating on my playlists this week.


Just bought their album Reptilians - Definitely worth a good listen, this is my favorite track:
STRFKR - Julius by Polyvinyl Records

I also have to post the Zelda-inspired music video for this one:


And speaking of Zelda, you can check out Zedd's "The Legend of Zelda" remix here 

Funkabit is an Italian export - real funky, almost lounge-like

Blue moon by Funkabit

Yet another super remix from this 16 year old (!) France native - watch this kid:
Deadmau5 - Raise Your Weapon (Madeon Remix) @ Pete Tong 05.13.11 by Madeon

And finally, not so uplifting but still a great time, Electro-pop group Fenech-Soler:
Lies by Fenech-Soler

No comments:

Post a Comment